Sunday, February 11, 2007

blogs & friends & stuff

Well would you believe it? I didn't know other dogs had blogs! Until just the other day. Thank you Zip and sister Roo - I'm adding your links right now and I've already checked them both out and it's so exciting I could just pee!

I really like hearing about what other ACD's spend their time at (gives me some great ideas!). And I 'specially liked to see my sister Roo again. And to think that even though she lives far away - in a different country even - she's still just a few clicks away. Amazing! ACD's unite! Today the internet, tomorrow the world! HA HA HA HAHHHH!! (but first I'll have to have a nap.)

Yesterday I got to play with my new friend Mace. She's bigger and heavier and growing faster than I am, so I am trying to assert myself while I still stand a chance. So far she's pretty easy to boss around although yesterday she did manage to hump my head. Good grief! But she gets tired so fast! Those fluffy retriever blonde-types just don't have the stamina.....

Puppy school again today. We've been working on "go to your mat". Which is great - 'cuz these delicious little weiner bits always somehow appear on my mat! I can't quite figure it out.... but anyways I know a good thing when I see it. And also "leave it". Boy was MY face red when I realized that "leave it" is not a THING (like those evil 4-legged things they still make me live with) but rather something I'm supposed to be doing! After all this time! Why didn't anybody tell me?

2 comments:

Zip said...

My friend Kinka,

You are already learning to go to the mat. Wow, you are smart! My mom doesn't teach that until Intermediate class. I love my mat. It's really a memory foam bed. Very comfy. I don't like "Leave It." That means I don't get the good stuff.
You get weiners for training treats? Lucky you! I do sometimes, though most of the time I get Pupperoni, because of Mom's job. She can only use packaged stuff at work. When we're home, though, mom dehydrates liver. We all love that!
If you want people food, here's what you do. Put your head on one of the momma's laps. Make your eyes look big and very sad. Sigh a huge sigh. Stare at her for a long time. Sigh again. Be a pest. Then sneak the food when she is not looking!

Your buddy,
Zip

Ms. Roo said...

Hi Kinka!!
I do believe you started the dogs with blogs trend .. you always were ahead of your time.
You are so lucky to have a friend to play with that goes home!
I have to keep my sister Luna all the time .... she is a big pain and is always eating my food and stealing my toys!
I also had a red faced moment when we learned "leave it".
You see I thought "leave it" meant that Jager and Luna were suppose to drop whatever they had so that I could have it .. no Momma says leave it and I have to leave it alone too .......thats not fair~
You are learning to go to a mat? What is wrong with your crate? I have to go to my crate whenever someone says "kennel up", but its okay really it ... I have a soft blanket and lots of toys in my crate so I like being there!
Have fun in puppy class ... I will chat with you later.
Love Roo