Friday, September 14, 2007

It's True!

Six more sleeps 'til my new sister comes home! I can hardly wait(and I think Momma C is even more excited than me)! The Mommas say I will have to be gentle with her, at least for a few weeks, and I'm going to try, I really am, but it's going to be so GREAT to have a full-time buddy!

From Momma C: Remy is a beautiful Black Lab puppy. She is almost 6 months old. On August 11th, she was run over by a minivan. Go ahead - ask me how much I hate minivans! But that's a rant for another day! Remy's pelvis was badly fractured and her tail was very very broken. Fortunately, she was taken straight to the vet, where she received the necessary multiple surgeries and care, including the amputation of most of her tail. But after all that, she was then surrendered to the vet clinic by her people, who for reasons unknown, no longer wanted little Remy in their lives.

Since then (for the last 3 weeks) she has been receiving absolutely amazing foster care, and last Saturday she came to our attention (via my very persistent niece - gosh, thanks Kate!) as a great pup that needed a great and special home. After much deliberation, we have decided that we can give her that, and with Kinka's help, we will give Remy a fun and healthy and happy life. Needless to say, she has some "issues" that we are already aware of (she's scared of vehicles - go figure) and possibly some that we're not aware of, and she will need some special dispensations for the rest of her life. But her foster family says her mobility is improving daily and she is a totally sweet and loveable and smart little dog.

Let the adventure begin!

1 comment:

Zip said...

Yea,
Kinka, you will have loads of fun with another canine in your house. I live with five others, so I know. You will have someone to show all your fun habits to. I taught Rookie and Tubbs how to open the lid of the toilet to get more water. It's wonderful to have an accomplice. It is also terrific to have someone else to blame. Then, when you are bored, there is always someone who can play with you, run around and knock all the pillows on the floor. You are going to love it. So will Remy.

Your mommas are the best for giving her a new home, and a happier life.

Your friend,
Zip