Friday, November 17, 2006

Mounties & Other Coolness

Today I went to the best place! OMG! It smelled fantastic! I couldn't see the sign from my spot in the back seat of the truck, but I'm told it's called the RCMP Training Academy, or as the locals call it, "Depot". It's where all the RCMP in Canada go for their cadet training - kinda like puppy school for Mounties. They learn all kinds of important stuff there, stuff that they need to know to be good cops. And I was only there for an hour or so, but I learned alot too! I learned that Mounties are the nicest people! Almost everybody there that saw me gave me treats, and scratches, and cootches, and hugs and kisses, and told me how beautiful I am (it's obvious they're all really smart people!) I learned about noises like car alarms and sirens and drill corporals yelling. I met people in uniforms and people of all shapes and sizes; just so MANY people! They were travelling in big herds and little herds; some were even out on their own! I was tempted to round 'em all up but really? They seemed to be doing pretty well without me. In fact some of the herds I saw already seemed to have a herder, and man, those guys were good! That one person would yell, and the whole group would do what he said! Amazing! I'm SO gonna have to work on that with the people here at home.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kinka,
You don't know me, but I've been watching you since you were really little (me and my mom). I can't believe there's another ACD that can type! Anyway, just to let you know that I'm still out there, watching you grow.

Your friend,
Zip ( and Zipsmom )