Thursday, November 16, 2006

What's in a name?

I've been asked about my name. Kinka. Well, the story goes like this. I was born with a little curl in the tip of my tail, a little twist like a fiddlehead or a cinnamon bun. Mmmm. Cinnamon buns! Anyway, my tail has stayed that way, all tightly curled at the end. So my first people family started calling me Kinky. 'Cuz of my kinky tail. But my new people family didn't think they liked that. For some reason that I don't get, they didn't want to have to stand in the middle of the dog park, or the street, or puppy class, shouting, "KINKY!" That sounds okay to me, but they didn't think so. So after many many days and evenings of coming up with puppy names (Momma J even asked her radio listeners for their help), they came up with Kinka. It's an Australian Aborigine word that means "laughing". And since I do keep 'em laughing, AND I'm an ACD, AND I've got a kinky tail, it totally fits! So here I am. ta DA!

No comments: