Friday, December 15, 2006

For Sister Roo

My sister Roo is going to her new home this weekend and she's kind of nervous about it. I can totally relate! It IS scary when you leave for your new home for SURE. I remember looking out the window of the Jeep as we pulled away from Momma Jen and Daddy Shamus's house, leaving the whole old gang behind. I didn't know what to do! I mean, the mommas seemed nice enough, but they sure weren't family yet. SO I shook and whined almost all the way home that day AND I had an embarrassing case of anxiety gas and we had to stop a few times and I could hardly eat treats I was that stressed, and when we got to the new place, I just didn't know what to do! That whole first week, every time something new happened, I got the hiccups - I was SO nervous!

But you know what, Roo? Even though that first day and sleeping without the old gang is really scary and hard, the next day is a little bit easier, and the next day too, and that's how it goes. And then? Well, I've been with my mommas for a month and a little bit, and I LOVE them! And they love ME! And it's worth those first few scary days and nights. It totally is! You'll have so much fun with your new momma and your kids Roo! I wish I had kids instead of LeaveIts - seriously. I can only imagine that kids would be good to herd. The LeaveIts sure aren't. And the mommas make loud noises when I nip their legs but they don't go where I want them to.

I'll give you one tip for success in the new digs: If you do something really really bratty and you think your people might be mad? Just follow it right up with something unbearably cute, like a wink or big kiss, or curling up with your bum on your new momma's foot and falling asleep? And voila! All will be forgiven!

Roo? You're gonna be just fine. I know it.

(And if you ever want to come hang out with me, I know my mommas would let you come in a heartbeat!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kinka! What a cool thing to say to little Roo. You are such a nice sister. When I came to live with my family, I was already old, and big. 10 months old. I had many new rules to learn, and lots of stuff to unlearn, like biting. I had to learn to live with Border Collies. That's something Roo and I have in common. She has a Border Collie, too. You can straighten them up pretty quickly, though. Roo has a Leave It. I don't have one of those. Anyway, I wish I had a sister. Friends are good though.

Your friend,
Zip

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Sister Kinka, Daddy Shamus, Mommy Jen and all of my dearest friends,
I am home!!
I had such a busy weekend.
Momma Jen and Daddy Shamus drove me to Edmonton Saturday morning, in really nasty weather, while my new Momma Brandy got on a plane. We got to the airport, and Momma Jen decided the best way to find my new Mom would be if I stuck my head out the window… no sooner had I stuck my head out then some CRAZY lady yelled “ I know that face!” And then she was all over me petting me and scaring me. My new Mommy is weird Kinka!!
I was a trooper and just snuggled more into Momma Jen and Daddy Shamus. My new Momma saw how afraid I was and she let me get use to her a little slower… at first I kept going back to Jen and Shamus. I did not want to leave them at all… but you know what, I decided the new momma was okay and we would try it for a while.
We got up REALLY early Sunday morning, and My new momma got me out of the kennel and took me outside.even though it was really, really cold she still let me play in the snow. Maybe she isn’t too bad.
Have you ever seen a plane? Or an airport??
Oh WOW airports are neat. They have the neatest smells, things to see and people always want to love you. Did you know they have floors that move for you Kinka? They have moving stairs too; I didn't like those too much .. and planes ..I got to ride on my very own seat next to my new momma on the plane .it was so much fun to watch the ground move away from us! The plane was a little loud, and that scared me, but my new mom just picked me up and held me next to her until I was all-safe and comfy … I think maybe I do like her.
Oh the kids .. The kids are soooo FUN!!
Kinka you must get some for yourself!! They feed you yummy treats, and they run around so you can chase them, and they let you sleep on their beds and they cuddle and they make this funny giggle noise when you nibble their noses in the morning!
Oh Kinka, I am so happy about my new home. And there is so much more to tell you. But I really must sleep some now…I am so tired I cannot keep my eyes open!
And I haven’t told you about my snobby big brother or my wussy boss of a big sister yet!
I will write you more soon!
Love Eternally … Ms. Roo

Anonymous said...

ohh how cute roo is a sleep on my tummy right now but that made her feel much bette & yes i read it to her its so cute thank u

crystyl and roo

Anonymous said...

Momma misses both my wittle munckins...

I'm really sad now that all my babies are gone...

But.. its lambing time, and soon hopefully there will be some bottle babies that need me to look after them, cause their momma's are kinda dumb sometimes...

Big licks to both my babies:P

Zip said...

Dear Kinka,
It has been so long since we heard from you. Are you still the little beauty I liked to watch every day on the puppy cam? Are you as pretty as your sister Roo? We all miss you, and hope your life is fun.

Your Buddy,
the ever so charming
Zip